By: Simon Zhu'17
iMovie is a Mac application that allows users to make short films. It has various functions that fulfill most beginners' requests.
This youtube video does a pretty job in explaining the basic functions of iMovie.
1) How to start a movie (00:00 of the video)
2) How to import media/sources into iMovie (1:43)
3) How to add media to the timeline of the new film. (3:47)
4) How to edit the film (6:18)
a) extract parts of the media and add them to the timeline
b) split the clip
c) detach the audio from the video
d) crop the film/ use Key Burns
5) How to add animation or transition.
6) How to add texts. (10:35)
6) How to export the film into a .mp4 or .flv document. (40:20)